A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Back when ICM put us 18% ahead


Spotting that I was perhaps a little distressed by Labour's slump to 29% in today's ICM poll, Linda decided to cheer me up by digging out this picture of happier political times - two people eleven years younger and in a party 20% more popular (and in my case 3 or 4 stone lighter).

The setting was the Bristol meeting of Blair's tour promoting the new Clause IV to Party members in February 1995 - I'd just told the assembled masses and the then Leader of the Opposition that he didn't need to worry because he had the backing of Bristol Uni and UWE Labour Clubs and Bristol Young Labour. I'm sure he found that very reassuring ...

On the plus side I don't own that jacket anymore or those glasses.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy days eh?!

9:56 pm, October 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its the shirt I'm worried about, for some reason.

6:54 pm, October 26, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also presume it was before the days when Mandy starting choosing TB's ties...

1:28 pm, October 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount