A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Moving

Apologies for the silence for 3 days as I have been busy moving house to Beatty Road, which for the political anoraks out there is in Stoke Newington Central ward, politically the soundest branch in Hackney North CLP, and the one I used to chair before our previous move four years ago.

This has the added benefit of moving me out of the only Lib Dem ward in Hackney, so now I have Labour councillors again (and a CPZ and compulsory recycling to get used to).

In the mean time Kerron Cross seems to have got concerned that I have won the Labour Home poll on which blogger should be deputy Labour leader in 2022. Final results were:

Antonia Bance 16 votes - 31 %
Andrew Regan 0 votes - 0 %
Neil Harding 2 votes - 3 %
Alex Hilton 5 votes - 9 %
Kerron Cross 5 votes - 9 %
Tom Freeman 2 votes - 3 %
Adele Reynolds 1 vote - 1 %
Luke Akehurst 21 votes - 41 %
Miranda Grell 1 vote - 1 %
Andrew Brown 1 vote - 1 %
51 Total Votes

and various comradely people to my left have defended my honour in the comments section after Reclaim Labour got rather over excited last week (thank you David, Duncan & Hamer, much appreciated that you can disagree with me without resorting to Mr Perkins' line in abuse).

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Didn't even know there was a poll. To be honest I'm quite pleased nobody knows me by name.

2:15 pm, November 27, 2006

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

Can I stop voting for myself now? Is the poll over?

3:06 pm, November 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in Stoke Newington High for a bit. I moved out when I realised it was full of tossers.

5:53 pm, November 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount