A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Every day is like Sunday

As fellow Labour bloggers The Daily spotted (though they didn't bother to come over and say hallo) Linda and I spent Friday evening at the Morrissey concert at Wembley Arena.

As expected it was fantastic - I even forgive him the lyric

"I've been dreaming of a time whenThe English are sick to death of Labour, And Tories"

as I expect does David Cameron, who was there in the audience too, according to the Sunday Times.

Disappointingly he didn't sing "Margaret on the Guillotine"...


Anonymous Graham said...

It was the end of the gig. Was in the toilet. I thought discretion was the better part of valor. Next time I promise to say hello.

Great concert I thought, despite being at Wembley Arena - my least favourite venue in London. I also whince at the "sick to death of Labour" line.

9:29 pm, December 10, 2006

Anonymous David Floyd said...

I'd add that the lyrics to 'Irish blood, English Heart' probably over-estimate the groundswell of affection for (or even name-recognition of) Oliver Cromwell amongst the current generation of voters.

11:52 am, December 11, 2006

Anonymous the anecdotal said...

The funny thing is, if Morrissey met you he would certainly hate you.

12:10 pm, December 11, 2006

Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

Only if I mentioned food or politics ...

I don't consider myself remotely worthy of meeting him anyway.

12:39 pm, December 11, 2006

Anonymous ocanuk said...

Not only was David Cameron there, he didn't have a tube ticket!

4:44 pm, December 11, 2006

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Luke, classic pub question: Morrissey, or the Smiths?

5:00 pm, December 11, 2006

Anonymous the anecdotal said...

If you didn't mention food or politics I might find you tolerable. Agreed that its unlikely you'll meet.

7:15 pm, December 11, 2006

Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

Tom - Smiths

Anecdotal - I could probably manage a conversation with him about our shared affection for Italy without mentioning food and with probably a shared perspective on Italian as opposed to UK politics.

8:08 pm, December 11, 2006

Anonymous the anecdotal said...

Ha ha, I'm glad you've scoped out some common ground in case you meet the great misery...

9:27 pm, December 11, 2006


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount