A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

John Trollope 1926-2009

I was very sad to read on Julian Ware-Lane's blog of the death today from cancer of our comrade John Trollope.

John was an absolute mainstay of the general election campaign in Castle Point when I was parliamentary candidate in 2005. At the then age of 79 he tirelessly went out canvassing with me and I greatly appreciated his company and good spirits on the campaign trail.

John and his wife Lorna have always been heavily involved in the Campaign for Labour Party Democracy and hence from the opposite end of the spectrum of Labour politics to me, yet both of them were amongst the most dedicated members of my campaign team.

Castle Point Labour Party has lost one of its pillars, and many members there will have lost a good friend.

My thoughts are with Lorna and their family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount