Hackney Labour Manifesto Launched
Hackney Labour has launched our manifesto for the local elections and for Hackney Mayor.
The manifesto is a detailed and costed set of proposals which set out a clear vision for the borough for the next four years and which looks back on our record since the last election.
Highlights of some of our commitments are:
- make it easier for people to report anti social behaviour and noise nuisance
- launch a campaign for responsible dog ownership
- commit to further support for victims of domestic violence
- increase drug and alcohol treatment places by 10%
- we will plant at least another 1,000 street trees
- we will look to expand our recycling service further
- all residential streets will be covered by a 20mph speed limit by 2014
- we will look to support those residents who want to grow more of their own food
- continue to provide free swimming for children and the elderly
- continue to work with the Hackney Empire to ensure it reopens
- we will complete the rebuilding or refurbishment of all our secondary schools
- six primary schools will be rebuilt or refurbished to the highest standards
- we will open five new youth centres
- we will complete Decent Homes on our estates by 2013
- we will use all our powers to bring empty properties back into use
- by 2013 - we will have created 100 council apprenticeships
- we'll increase the number of council services available online
You can download a copy of it here.