A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

NEC election

Along with the leadership ballot which starts tomorrow, Labour members will have the chance to vote for six constituency reps on the National Executive Committee.

If you have a vote I hope you'll read what I say here and on my website - http://luke4nec.org.uk/ and consider backing me.

I am very proud to be running alongside and also calling for support in the NEC ballot for Peter Wheeler, Ellie Reeves, Deborah Gardiner, Shaukat Ali and Oona King.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck.

8:34 pm, August 31, 2010

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it not a bit ridculous for Oona to stand for NEC and London Mayor at the same time? Same could be said for Ken - but seems odd and also rather selfish.

2:44 am, September 01, 2010

 
Blogger John Wiseman said...

I hope you can back myslef for the NEC and North West NPF

John Wiseman

12:01 pm, September 01, 2010

 
Anonymous tim f said...

Anonymous - it does feel a little as if both are using the NEC run as extra publicity for their mayoral bid. Although I'd vote for Ken if I lived in London, I may not vote for either Ken or Oona for the NEC.

Luke, I know your position on PR, but I'm interested in what you would argue the party should do in the upcoming referendum. Should the party commit itself to campaigning for AV or would this be too divisive and is the right strategic approach for MPs to formally back AV but for CLPs and members to do whatever they want? How much pressure would you put on CLPs to campaign for AV; do you think CLP resources should be spent campaigning in the referendum at all? Should standardised print creator local election templates refer to the issue?

Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue for me but it is clearly going to be a key strategic issue in the life of the party over the next few months. I could still vote for you - your campaigning approach outweighs the policy areas on which we disagree in terms of this particular elected position, but I'm concerned what angle you might take on this issue.

1:26 pm, September 01, 2010

 
Anonymous Arnold said...

What's your view of Haguegate, Luke? As 'Blakey' of 'On The Buses' used to say: "its made my day!".

6:06 pm, September 02, 2010

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for publishing the progresive slate.

A true vote has been posted off.

GW

A Party member since 1966 !

4:46 pm, September 03, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount