A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Monday, September 27, 2010

The blog vote

It was this blog wot won it.

Michael White in the Guardian says I am a "controversial pro-Ed blogger" and won through the "blog vote" (geddit?): http://tinyurl.com/2coy4sq

Probably true as name recognition seems to be a key determinant in these national internal elections.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Alex Sobel said...

Actually this blog helped win the election for Ed as the Yorkshire Phonebanks referred hundreds of people to these pages to prove the case for Ed amongst wavering voters. I am sure your posts helped.

7:22 pm, September 27, 2010

 
Anonymous Kirstin Hay said...

The blog vote also comes predominantly from twitter, and Johanna Baxter was undeniably the most proactive and successful candidate in terms of using twitter effectively to have a conversation with members.

I am of course disappointed that the article by Michael White fails to mention Johanna, especially as she polled higher than Peter Wilsman, and came very close to being elected, a feat unsurpassed by any independent candidate who has stood previously.

8:46 pm, September 27, 2010

 
Anonymous Dave O said...

Congrats, Luke.

I want you to know I voted for you.

But don't tell anyone.

2:35 pm, September 29, 2010

 
Blogger A J Ovenden said...

I voted for you because I like your blog.

7:55 pm, September 29, 2010

 
Blogger Martin Meenagh said...

I voted for you too. I'm glad that you are getting better!

5:05 pm, October 01, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount